Wednesday 28 September 2016

MUA Metallic Eyeshadow Palette - Alchemy


MUA is a great brand if you are on a limited budget and are a big fan of make-up. You do have to sift through the products as some are excellent and some are not so good. Within the metallic shadow range there are four palettes available containing three shadows and an eye primer.


MUA state that these shadows are silky smooth and easily blendable with the addition of a long lasting primer. 

I have recently been loving a metallic eye, but a bold eye with a nude lip and lots and lots of mascara - its just my current mood. I was hoping this palette would meet that requirement.

However, unfortunately the colour pay off was not what I had expected it took a lot to build up the colour and even then it was not as bold as anticipated. The primer was very poor and only lasted around an hour I ended up with terrible creasing which was disappointing. I even attempted to use the shadows wet, but still the colour pay off was poor and lacked pigmentation. 

The shadows did not even last the day the limited colour pay off I had at the beginning of the day only lasted until lunch - even when I used my usually primer. 


Overall, I was disappointed with this palette, however at £4.00 it is a reasonable price and if you want a "wash" of colour of metallic colour then this would be the ideal palette for you. In addition, if you do not have oily eyelids then the primer is likely to work out for you. Check out the palettes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Templates from pipdig